Location: Anytime Fitness Yorkton, 216 Smith St, Yorkton, SK
Learning Objectives of FYI training: To equip students to teach foundational yoga from a fitness perspective, and to teach with confidence to the athletic community through the use of applied anatomy.
Module 1: Laying the Foundation ($350.00 includes Manual)
The first Module of the FYI certification will literally Lay the Foundation that the students will need to become confident and effective yoga instructors.
- Yoga History & Philosophy
- The Importance of Personal Practice
- Fundamentals of Teaching: Atmosphere, Safety, Articulation of Poses (Finding our Teaching Voice), Technique
- Level 1 Pose Construction
Module 2: Expanding the Base ($350.00 includes Manual)
The second Module of the FYI certification will build on the base of knowledge and understanding that the student acquires in Module 1.
- Elements of a Class
- Class Description
- Sequencing: Creating a specific experience
- Student Teaching – our intention is to keep our training groups small so that all students have adequate time to practice teaching and to develop confidence as they instruct within the scope of Foundational (Beginner/Level 1) Fitness Yoga.
Module 3: Yoga for Athletes ($350.00 includes Manual )
Also available as a stand alone module for CEC’s for qualified Yoga Instructors
- The module, Yoga for Athletes has also been designed so that a qualified yoga instructor, who has not taken Modules 1 & 2 of the FYI certification, can participate in the module if they are interested in applying the CEC’s to their current instructor certifications. Previously certified yoga instructors from other yoga schools, will receive Yoga for Athlete’s (YfA) certificate upon completing the module.
What is Yoga for Athletes: YfA applies the practice of yoga to an athlete’s anatomythus using the practice as a tool to complement the student’s sports and athletic experience. A yoga practice designed around the specific issues of an athlete brings balance and symmetry to their bodies–builds awareness and is an integrated approach to strength, flexibility and focus. When developing the FYI program we recognized that in teaching fitness yoga some of our students are also athletes. Athletes are often participating in a yoga class in order to enhance their other athletic pursuits, perhaps as a piece to their training program. Their focus is different than that of many of our other yoga students. Whether recreational or competitive, athletes want to perform their best in the sport that is their passion.
** No prerequisite is required for Module 1; the FYI certificate will be received upon completion of all 3 modules as well as a presentation of a Level 1 fitness yoga class.
For your information – the FYI certification has been approved as a fitness yoga designation by SPRA (Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association) and qualifies for 12 CEC’s.
For information on SPRA fitness certification and CEC’s visit: https://www.spra.sk.ca/programs-services/fitness/cecs/
Module 1 – Laying the Foundation
- February 9, 10 & 11 Fri. 6 pm – 9 pm, Sat. 8 am – 5 pm, Sun. 8 am – 1 pm
Module 2 – Expanding the Base
- March 16, 17 & 18 Fri. 6 pm – 9 pm, Sat. 8 am – 5 pm, Sun. 8 am – 1 pm
Module 3 – Yoga for Athletes
- April 20, 21 & 22 Fri. 6 pm – 9 pm, Sat. 8 am – 5 pm, Sun. 8 am – 1 pm
Anytime Fitness Yorkton
216 Smith St