Dates and Times (Eastern Daylight Savings Time)
Fri June 26, 2020 6pm – 9pm (EDT)
Sat June 27, 2020 11am – 3pm (EDT)
Sun June 28, 2020 11am – 3pm (EDT)
Location: Zoom - you will receive a link to the course sessions a day before the event start date.
Cost: CALA members: $249 plus tax
Register: Call CALA at 416-751-9823 or visit http://www.calainc.org/
Description of Course: The CALA Liquid Barre Course ® is a ‘no holds barred’ aquatic approach to movement blending current exercise science with the principles of the ‘Lotte Burke’ method. The program is an aqua infusion of ballet, Pilates, yoga & strength training. Absolutely no dance experience is required. Explore the Liquid Barre sequencing technique and learn how to apply it to each and every exercise.
Understand how the benefits of water will elevate the CALA Liquid Barre workout experience. This CALA program focuses on lengthening and strengthening the body using buoyancy and resistance to improve active daily function. You might even find your ‘dancer within’.
Learning Objectives of Course:
1) Teach, coach and demonstrate Liquid Barre base moves and pre – choreographed patterns.
2) Design a well-balanced class using the plates of motion and the proprieties of the water.
3) Learn how, when and where to use the CALA Liquid Barre sequencing technique.
4) Develop musicality including moving to the beat and phasing of the music.
ACCREDITATION: 8 CALA CECS, AFLCA, BCRPA, CFES, canfitpro, SPRA, YMCA
Certification Expectations of Course:
- Develop a class blueprint (short written assignment).
- Complete a short 20-minute video (including a warm–up & pre-choreographed patterns)
1. On or before July 2, 2020 Submit short CALA Liquid Barre class blueprint assignment
2. On or before July 8, 2020 Submit your practical video (email to Dylan at firstname.lastname@example.org) in Google Drive share and cc email@example.com
Download the Registration Form and return the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.